I had this recipe kicking around from 5 years ago and recently remembered it. Why I stopped making it, I couldn’t tell you. So delicious, simple and easy.
Grain Free Garlic Rosemary Flatbread
Delicious and easy flatbread that you wont be able to stop eating. Great as a side, a pita for a wrap, or dipping in oil and vinegar.
1 C tapioca flour
1/4 C coconut flour, sifted if there are clumps
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 C full fat coconut milk
1/4 C coconut oil
1 egg or egg replacer (I use 1 Tbsp golden flax seed meal + 2 Tbsp warm water, sit for 5 minutes)
1/4 tsp finely chopped dried rosemary
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 450 F. Place pizza stone in oven to heat up (optional, I use a cookie sheet without issues)
2. Gently heat up coconut milk and oil in a small sauce pan until very warm but not boiling.
3. Whisk tapioca flour, coconut flour, and salt in a large bowl. Pour the coconut milk/oil mixture on top. Mix thoroughly until combined. Allow to cool for several minutes and allow the coconut flour to absorb.
4. Add beaten egg/egg replacer and mix again until fully combined.
5. Remove pan from oven, cover in parchment paper and pour mixture into the center. Using a spatula spread out the dough until 1/4 inch thick. I have shaped them into rounds to act like a pita in a wrap as well, you just may need a second pan as it fills one standard cookie sheet normally.
6. Season with garlic and rosemary, place in oven for 9-12 minutes, depending on how crisp you want it.
One thought on “Grain Free Garlic Rosemary Flatbread”
Pingback: Chicken Souvlaki Wraps – A Free Life