There is one thing I miss more than anything some days is a blizzard from DQ. Since V got her corn allergy we haven’t been able to even eat any store bought dairy free ice creams as they all have “gum” ingredients of some sort, all are usually derived from corn.
I bought an ice cream maker with the bowl that goes in the freezer, definitely a must for making your own ice cream. We use the Kitchenaid mixer attachment style but really, any will work.
Hope you enjoy! I have been enjoying my fresh fruit ice creams and sorbets this summer that’s for sure!
Coconut Fruit Ice Cream
4 Ingredient Coconut Fruit Ice Cream that is paleo, dairy free, vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, corn free
3 cups fresh or frozen fruit (strawberries, mangoes, peaches etc.)
1 can Full Fat Coconut Milk, room temperature (I use Natural Value Coconut Milk) (1)
1 – 3 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional) (2)
1. Add fruit to a blender or a food processor. Blend smooth.
2. Add coconut milk and remaining ingredients (if using), blend until smooth.
3. Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions for your machine.
4. Place in freezer-friendly, airtight container. This will freeze very firm, so allow to thaw for 20-60 min before scooping. If in microwave-safe container you can microwave in 15 second increments until slightly soft and scoop-able.
(1) Corn allergy – ensure coconut milk is gum free
(2) Corn allergy – Vanilla is made with alcohol, often corn, if necessary, you may need to make your own