I used to work at OPA, the fast food restaurant, when I was younger, and even though I couldn’t eat their pita wraps, I salivated over them daily. I just never considered making my own.
You could just make the chicken souvlaki from this recipe, as it is pretty delicious, but I recommend trying it in a wrap as well!
Chicken Souvlaki Wraps
2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1″ cubes
10 garlic cloves, peeled
2 Tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 C olive oil or coconut oil
1/4 C dry white wine or apple cider vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
2 bay leaves
Pita bread (I used my Grain Free Garlic Rosemary Flatbread)
Tzatziki sauce (I didn’t use any sauce and it still tasted delicious)
Fresh veggies (tomatoes, cucumber, onions, olives, lettuce, spinach, radish, peppers etc.)
- In a small food processor, add garlic, oregano, rosemary, paprika, salt, pepper, oil, wine/vinegar & lemon juice (do NOT add the dried bay leaves at this point). Pulse until well combined.
- Place chicken in a bowl, add the bay leaves. Add the marinade & mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hrs or overnight. I used our marinating food processor adapter.
- Soak 10-12 wooden skewers in water for 30-45 minutes.
- When ready, thread marinated chicken onto the prepared skewers.
- Prepare grill, brush the grates with a little oil and heat over medium-high heat. Place chicken on the grill until well browned & internal temperature register 155 degrees F. Be sure to turn skewers evenly to cook on all sides.
- Let rest for 3 minutes & serve. (Take chicken off skewers if making a wrap.